Born and raised in North Philadelphia, Mya K. Douglas, professionally known as Mya Kay, is an Amazon bestselling author, speaker and literary consultant. She has written and co-written several Christian/contemporary romance novels, including, Storms of Love, Love to the B Power, Love to the Baby Power, Fumbled Your Heart and A Star-Studded Love. Her devotional, The God Girl’s Guide to College Life, was #1 in new releases on Amazon during the week of its release. Girls Anthem is a full-service literary consulting firm that equips women with the tools they need to write their stories and build successful writing careers. Mya is also the creator and co-host of “The Writing Bar Podcast”, with Nailah Harvey, a new writing podcast coming September 2022 that features tips and tools for writers who are looking for ways to monetize their writing and build a following without compromising their faith. You can learn more about her work at http://www.writermya.com.
Fun Facts about Mya:
- Self-published three books in 2012 and 2014. One book was turned into a short film with a celebrity comedian (who also executive produced the project).
- Had a Barnes & Noble book signing in May 2014 (after the corporate office told me no, I still managed to get a yes, from the store)
- Was signed with an independent publisher for seven months and released five books in that time. Two of my books landed in the #1 spot on the bestsellers list (in my category)
- Top #20 finalist in Serendipity Literary Agency’s Young Adult Contest for 2015
- Helped two celebrity personalities write their memoirs in 2016, one of which was featured on The Real (Before Empire)
- 2019: Had three agents request full manuscripts for my middle grade novel, The Jazzy Jewelry Club
- 2022: Have had four requests from agents/editors so far for my Christian romance manuscript, Storms of Love
Voyage ATL (January 2021)
Good Day Philadelphia (November 2019)
Before Empire Memoir Featured on “The Real” (Co-Author/Editor)