Born and raised in North Philadelphia, Mya K. Douglas, professionally known as Mya Kay, is an Amazon bestselling author, speaker and literary consultant. She has written and co-written several contemporary romance novels, including, Love to the B Power, Love to the Baby Power, Fumbled Your Heart and A Star-Studded Love. With a passion to help women and teen girls heal from their trauma, she launched Girls Anthem in the fall of 2019 with one goal – to make God proud. Today, Girls Anthem is a full-service literary consulting firm that equips women with the tools they need to write their stories and build successful writing careers. Her devotional, The God Girl’s Guide to College Life, was #1 in new releases on Amazon during the week of its release. Mya is also the creator and host of “The Mya Kay Show”, a literary podcast that features writing tips, exclusive interviews and publishing success stories, and Youth Anthem, a youth conference designed to equip teens with the tools and resources they need to represent the Kingdom and the culture without compromising their values. You can learn more about her at http://www.writermya.com and http://www.girlsanthem.biz.
Fun Facts about Mya:
- Self-published three books in 2012 and 2014. One book was turned into a short film with a celebrity comedian (who also executive produced the project).
- Had a Barnes & Noble book signing in May 2014 (after the corporate office told me no, I still managed to get a yes, from the store)
- Was signed with an independent publisher for seven months and released five books in that time. Two of my books landed in the #1 spot on the bestsellers list (in my category)
- Top #20 finalist in Serendipity Literary Agency’s Young Adult Contest for 2015
- Helped two celebrity personalities write their memoirs in 2016, one of which was featured on The Real (Before Empire)
- 2019: Had three agents request full manuscripts for my middle grade novel, The Jazzy Jewelry Club
- 2022: Have had four requests from agents/editors so far for my Christian romance manuscript, Storms of Love
Voyage ATL (January 2021)
Good Day Philadelphia (November 2019)
Before Empire Memoir Featured on “The Real” (Co-Author/Editor)